This recipe will help you sleep better, have energy for the next day and take care of those muscle cramps you have during the night. Please give me input after trying.
Potassium Parfait (also gives you Iron and Protein) – Single serving
1 – Apricot
2 – Medjool Dates
1 – Kiwi
1 – small banana
¼ cup Roasted Almonds
1-cup Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons honey
Chop first 5 ingredients into bite sizes pieces
Spoon ½ cup yogurt into serving bowl, add ½ of chopped ingredients, drizzle one Tablespoon of honey. Add rest of yogurt and the rest of chopped ingredients, drizzle with the rest of honey.
This is a great for breakfast and end of day meal – light, nutritious and delicious!
“Eat your fruits and vegetables”! Did you ever hear this or do you say it to your children?
If your children grow up watching you push your fruits and vegetables off to the side, more times than not, they will do the same. If you eat while watching TV, again another habit for your children to take on. Do you have a television in every room of the house and does it have to be on constantly? These are some examples of habits which assist in our obese, malnourished, attentive-challenged youth and adults.
At the early ages (before age 1) children take on your habits, values and beliefs. Some things are genetic, but most are environmental (who you grow up around).
It all comes down to being an example to your children, to your spouse, your friends, your co-workers and others in your lives. Be who you ask others to be. Look in the mirror and ask your self if you are a person that you would emulate and look upon for goodness, love and compassion. If not, do something about it.
Move into live each day with a question: Am I loving? Am I compassionate? Start paying attention to your habits and patterns created from your life experiences and environments, this will help you in all the ways you require to become happy and live a fulfilled life.
Change always begins with self. If everyone decided to take care of themselves, this world would be a calmer and more productive place to be, instead we have created hectic, high intense stress for ourselves, now we must unlearn the busy life living and find our truth with quiet moments and lots of healthy whole fresh foods.
More on meditation, self-care and food. www.angelslifesolutions.com
Angel’s Life Solutions
You will never purchase pre-made hummus again! Here are two extremely satisfying recipes: Sun Dried Tomato and Mexican Style. Step One is the same for both:
- 15oz can organic garbanzo or chickpeas (canned) drain and reserve liquid
- 2 T Organic Olive Oil or use the liquid from beans
Use chopper or food processor. Mix together until consistency is like chunky peanut butter.
Add olive oil or liquid one Tablespoon at a time as needed.
After you get to a desired consistency, go to Step Two:
Step Two for SUN DRIED TOMATO:
- Add: 2 cloves fresh garlic, mix well
- Add: 2 heaping Tablespoons of Sun dried tomatoes (about 1/4 the jar) I prefer the Julienne sliced Sun dried tomatoes that come in a jar with olive oil.
- Add more olive oil as desired for consistency
- Chop up a nice handful of fresh basil and add to mix (about a loose ¼ cup)
Eat with fresh cut vegetables (carrots, celery, cucumbers, zucchini, radishes or pita)
Step Two for MEXICAN STYLE:
- 2 Green Onions – chopped
- 1 fresh Serrano Pepper – Diced
- 1 Tablespoon natural Taco seasoning (add more as needed for desired flavor)
- 2 Teaspoons canned Jalapenos – Diced
- Chop up a nice handful of fresh cilantro and mix in (about a loose ¼ cup)
Mix well. Eat in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, on vegetables, pita bread or flat bread
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
You will need:
- 1/2 c organic unsalted butter
- 2/3 c organic sugar cane
- 1/4 c organic honey
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 c organic rice flour
- 3/4 c cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic milk
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn
Grease or line muffin tins (12 regular or 6 large)
Cream butter, sugar, honey, eggs and salt. Mix in flour, cornmeal, and baking powder. Blend well. Stir in milk and corn. Spoon into cups.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes (depends on the muffin size. Watch for dryness.)
Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Prepare this delicious Salsa recipe ahead of time. Store up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Perfect for summer and full of antioxidants!
You will need:
- 6 Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 White Onion (diced)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- Juice from 1 Whole Lime
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate. Easy!
You can make this with any berries!
Makes 6 Jumbos
375 degrees 25-30 minutes
- ½ cup Organic Butter – softened (Organic Valley)
- ¾ cup Organic Sugar (I use Brown)
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla (Watkins)
- 2 cups Oat Flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder (Watkins)
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ cup Organic Milk (Organic Valley)
- 1 ½ cups Organic Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 T. Oat Flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 T. Organic Sugar (Brown)
- ¼ tsp. Organic Cinnamon (Watkins)
- 2 T. Organic Butter – Chilled
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease or line muffin pan. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in eggs one at a time, and then mix in vanilla, baking powder, and sea salt.
Alternate adding oat flour and milk until just blended. Fold in Blueberries. Spoon batter into 6 jumbo muffin cups evenly. Wait: Add Streusel topping before baking.
Mix streusel dry ingredients, cut in the butter with a fork to look like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over each muffin and press lightly into batter.
Bake 25-30 (do not over bake). Eat warm or completely cooled.
Enjoy with Love!