Angel’s Life Solutions
You will never purchase pre-made hummus again! Here are two extremely satisfying recipes: Sun Dried Tomato and Mexican Style. Step One is the same for both:
- 15oz can organic garbanzo or chickpeas (canned) drain and reserve liquid
- 2 T Organic Olive Oil or use the liquid from beans
Use chopper or food processor. Mix together until consistency is like chunky peanut butter.
Add olive oil or liquid one Tablespoon at a time as needed.
After you get to a desired consistency, go to Step Two:
Step Two for SUN DRIED TOMATO:
- Add: 2 cloves fresh garlic, mix well
- Add: 2 heaping Tablespoons of Sun dried tomatoes (about 1/4 the jar) I prefer the Julienne sliced Sun dried tomatoes that come in a jar with olive oil.
- Add more olive oil as desired for consistency
- Chop up a nice handful of fresh basil and add to mix (about a loose ¼ cup)
Eat with fresh cut vegetables (carrots, celery, cucumbers, zucchini, radishes or pita)
Step Two for MEXICAN STYLE:
- 2 Green Onions – chopped
- 1 fresh Serrano Pepper – Diced
- 1 Tablespoon natural Taco seasoning (add more as needed for desired flavor)
- 2 Teaspoons canned Jalapenos – Diced
- Chop up a nice handful of fresh cilantro and mix in (about a loose ¼ cup)
Mix well. Eat in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, on vegetables, pita bread or flat bread